NATO Headquarters (HQ) introduced its Internship Programme in 2004. The aim of the programme is to provide a small number of current or recent students with the opportunity to intern with the International Staff at NATO Headquarters in Brussels.
There is one call for applications per year, from March until June with two starting dates, in September and March the following year. Internships will in principle last 6 months.
* To provide the Organisation with access to the latest theoretical and technical knowledge that the intern can apply through practical work assignments, as well as with additional staff resources.
* To provide interns with an opportunity to learn from the NATO community and get a better understanding and a more balanced view of the Organisation.
* To contribute to creating a more diverse workforce.
* To expand understanding of NATO in Alliance countries.
Internships are offered in the following areas:
* Defence Policy and Planning
* Defence Investment
* Executive Management
* NATO Office of Security
* Political Affairs and Security Policy
* Public Diplomacy
* NATO Office of Ressources
* Private Office
* Agencies: IMS (International Military Staff), SHAPE, NC3A, NAMA etc.
Current students and recent graduates (1 year) with:
* age over 21 at the time of internship (for insurance purposes)
* nationals of a NATO member state (nationals of NATO partner countries (PfP/EAPC) should contact their delegation at NATO HQ directly for information on internships)
* at least two years of university study or equivalent
* proficiency in one of the official NATO languages (English/French); desirable working knowledge of the other.
* Interns receive a lump sum of € 800 per month. The salary is not exempt from taxation. Interns may receive emoluments from outside sources (such as scholarships or grants).
* Interns will be reimbursed for their travel expenses on taking up duty and on leaving the service based on a return economy ticket and for an amount of up to 1,200 Euros.
All interested applicants should submit following documents:
* completed Application Form
* Curriculum Vitae
* Letter of motivation.
All the mentioned documents need to be submitted to: [email protected]
The application deadline is 4st June 2010.
NB. A security clearance from your national authorities is obligatory before your start of internship.
With any further queries contact: [email protected]