“Let’s Train with our neighbours” belongs to the long term cooperation between the Regional SALTO Resource Centres (SALTO EuroMed, SALTO South East Europe and SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus) fostered by the European Commission together with French, Slovenian and Polish National Agencies of the Youth in Action Programme.
This activity is a long term training course based on a “learning by doing” approach and divided on 3 different steps:
1. Training course – Georgia, 3rd to 10th October 2010 (3rd and 10th are travel days)
2. Coaching Phase – will start straight after the training course and will last until the evaluation in 2011
3. Evaluation Seminar – of all the Let’s Train participants – second half of 2011
Objectives for the training course:
– to explore youth work experiences and developments in conflict areas/situations (social, economical, political, intercultural, etc.);
– to increase skills and abilities in peace building through youth work;
– to create partnerships for future projects within Youth in Action Programme in peace building;
The course is for 24 youth workers and youth leaders (12 from Programme Countries, 4 from Meda, 4 from SEE and 4 from EECA countries) who are:
* experienced in Youth in Action Programme (or Euro-Med Youth Programme);
* open to share and develop competences regarding peace education;
* committed to co-operate during the preparation phase before the implementation of the training course according to the team of trainers’ requests (preparing short articles, making researches, etc.);
* supported by organisation and have a concrete interest in implementing a youth project on the issues addressed;
* able to communicate and work in English;
* committed to attend the Long Term Training Course for its full duration (coaching phase and evaluation seminar in 2011);
* Polish National Agency of the Youth in Action Programme and SALTO EECA will provide board and lodging for all participants;
* Travel costs of participants from Neighbouring Parter regions will be fully covered on the basis of original tickets and invoices;
* Travel costs of participants from Programme Countries will be covered by relevant National Agency on its own principles.
To apply the applicants need to create an online account and register directly through the SALTO-YOUTH online system.
With any further queries contact: [email protected]