The European Roma Rights Centre (ERRC) invites applications for its Romani internship programme at its office in Budapest, Hungary, for the period September 2010 – February 2011.
Internships at the ERRC office will be offered on a competitive basis for periods of 3 to 6 months; following successful completion of the in-office internship, a maximum of six months will be supported for the in-country component. Interns will be provided with accommodation and a cost of living stipend for the duration of their time at the ERRC. The applicants should be a minimum of 20 years of age.
* Extensive experience living and working in Romani communities;
* Good command of English, both written and spoken. Romani language skills are a plus;
* At minimum, completed secondary education; university level studies preferred;
* The ability to working a diverse, multicultural environment in a proper, timely fashion with supervision;
* Good organisational and communication skills, commitment and enthusiasm;
* Flexibility and the ability to work independently as well as in a team;
* A proven track of activism in the Romani movement; and
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Activities and tasks include:
* Researching Roma rights related topics;
* Monitoring of stakeholders, policy-makers, think tanks, etc.;
* Detailed monitoring of news and information on Roma rights;
* Attend meeting and events related to the mission of ERRC and produce briefing documents;
* Assist in ERRC activities and projects, including logistically/ administratively ;
* Other tasks to be determined together with the Human Rights Trainer and the project related supervisor.
All interested applicants should submit following documents:
1. a curriculum vitae (max two A4 page);
2. a letter of interest (max one A4 page) including your starting time availability;
3. contact details for two references;
4. a short proposal for the in-country internship follow-up.
All the documents need to be submitted by 11th July 2010 to Csilla M. Farkas, Operations Director at: [email protected]
Subject line of message: ERRC Romani Intern Search