Open to: High School students between 16 and 18 years old
The People to People International Global Youth Forum 2010 will be held in Atlanta in Georgia, USA from 11 to 14 November. Young people between 16 and 18 are invited to join this conference about peace through understanding, and the special theme Global Health.
If you become a member of The International Student Panel at the GYF, you will receive a full tuition scholarship to the 2010 GYF in Atlanta, Georgia USA that will cover their lodging, food and activities beginning November 10, 2010 and ending on November 14, 2010. The scholarship will also include the price of roundtrip airfare between the students’ hometown and Atlanta National Airport (ATL). Cost of visas, unaccompanied minor fees or passport fees is not included.
The International Student Panel at the Global Youth Forum (GYF) will serve as a forum for students of diverse backgrounds and cultures to share and dialogue about their experiences within their home country. Each participant will be provided with a list of pre-planned questions to prepare prior to their arrival at the GYF, though there will also be an unscripted question and answer time that will occur between the panel participants and the entire GYF delegation.
- 16 – 18 years of age during the time of the Global Youth Forum
- A high school student (even if students are 18 years of age, but a university student, they will not be considered)
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of fluency in the English language
- Comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Knowledge of world affairs
- Active within their community
- Commitment to and belief in the mission of People to People International
Students selected to participate on the panel will receive a full tuition scholarship to the 2010 GYF in Atlanta, Georgia USA. The scholarship covers the cost of lodging, food and all activities during the GYF. PTPI will also pay for round trip airfare between the student’s home town and Atlanta. Cost of passports, visas and unaccompanied minor fees is not included.
To apply for the Global Youth Forum International Student Panel:
Fill in the application form before June 25, 2010
Send your completed application form to People to People International by either:
- E-mail: [email protected] (scanned applications)
- Fax: +49 30 88916434
- Postal mail: PTPI, Schillerstr. 59, 10627 Berlin, Germany
Please note: Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Based on the strength of your application, you will be contacted by PTPI World Headquarters for a phone interview within two weeks of submission of your application.
By July 9, you will be notified