Open to: candidates with academic qualifications that are equivalent to either an Australian bachelor degree with first class honours or an Australian Master by Research.
Fund: AUD$25,000 per year (tax free) stipend/living allowance, tuition fees and overseas health cover paid. A stipend is granted as well (three years for Doctoral degree or up to two years for Master by Research).
The Graduate Research School of Edith Cowan University Western Australia offers PhD and Master Research Scholarships for the 2010/11 session to International Students at University. The EIPRS scheme is prestigious and highly competitive. International Postgraduate Research scholarships at Edith Cowan University are restricted only to those applicants wishing to commence their studies in either a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Master by Research.
*Academic merit, academic qualifications that are equivalent to either an Australian bachelor degree with first class honours or an Australian Master by Research. Qualifications gained outside of Australia will be assessed to determine how they compare to an Australian qualification.
* Research, significant publication record.
* Must meet Edith Cowan University English entry requirements.
* Must meet international student visa requirements as specified by the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs (DIMA).
* Must not have held an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the ECU-IPRS.
* May not concurrently receive a Faculty Scholarship or other major scholarship.
* To be eligible for either scholarship, applicants MUST meet English entry requirements for the course applying for and be a commencing student (not enrolled at the time of applying).
* Fill in the application form.
* Applicants must provide the original or certified copies of academic documentation, including academic transcripts and proof of completion from any tertiary qualification, except for qualifications completed at ECU.
* It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that all documentation presented in a foreign language is also accompanied by an authorised English translation.
* An applicant’s research experience will be taken into consideration in the assessment of applications for scholarship. Applicants are required to provide evidence of any research grants received or research that has been published.
Send your completed applications and associated documentation to:
Research Scholarships Officer
Edith Cowan University
270 Joondalup Drive
WESTERN AUSTRALIA 6027
The application deadline is 31/08/2010.
Any further queries should be addressed to: email@example.com
For further information visit the official web page.