SAP Research Centers in Zurich and St. Gallen supports SAP’s long-term strategy through
technology research. The SAP Research Centre is located to the campus of ETH Zurich and University of St. Gallen (HSG).
The SAP Research Center in Zurich is searching for students who are interested in doing an internship or want to write a thesis for the “GEYSERS” project.
Deadline: As soon as possible
The objective of the EU-funded research project ”GEYSERS” (Generalised Architecture for
Dynamic Infrastructure Services) is to bring cloud computing to the next level by designing and
implementing a novel optical network architecture able to support ‘Optical Network + Any-IT’
resource provisioning seamlessly and efficiently (also covering the aspect of energy efficiency).
SAP’s contributions to the GEYSERS project include:
- Business scenario and requirements engineering
- Architecture and design definition and validation
- Testbed design and implementation, proof-of concept
- Internal transfer projects
Expectations and Tasks
The GEYSERS project is looking for a motivated student interested in writing a
technical bachelor/master thesis or doing an internship in a highly qualified and international
environment. We provide you with the possibility to extend your practical experience and
deepen your theoretical knowledge in systems development (cloud computing, SLA
management and SAP integration). Your contribution will support the technical integration of
GEYSERS with SAP solutions.
The concrete topic of a bachelor/master thesis can be tailored to your skills and research
interests and is open to include further ideas and suggestions. Moreover, skilled students can
be involved in scientific publications and patents.
Studies in the field of Computer Science or a related subject
Excellent knowledge in the following areas:
- Cloud computing
- Network technology and concepts
- Distributed systems
- Software engineering (Java SE, Java EE)
Knowledge in the following domains is a plus:
- Web service standards (SOAP, XML, XSD, WS-RM, REST)
- Business process modeling (BPMN, BPEL)
- SAP applications
- Strong analytical skills and a proven record of getting things done
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and in an international team
- Good English language skills – written and spoken
- Good German skills, written and spoken, are a plus, but not required
How to apply
Your set of application documents should contain a cover letter (which states your experience in
systems development), a CV, copies of the obtained degrees and – if available – copies of
references from former professional activities. Please describe your interests, experience and
skills in the above-described domain.
Please note that SAP only accepts applications submitted via their online recruiting system. You can register here as soon as possible.
Click here for more information, and fill in the Reference code: CH-53271131-EN-10-002