Open to: Youth workers, trainers belonging to organisations or bodies dealing with the thematic from Europe and 3 regions (MEDA+SEE+EECA)
Costs: Travel, boarding and loading of participants will be covered.
Venue: 13-18 December 2010 France
Empowering Women! “I’m not afraid of storms, for I’m learning to sail my ship” (Luisa May Alcott)
The seminar will deal with the empowerment of women: it will deepen what empowering means (liberty and power, knowledge and capacity for taking decisions and the opportunity for fulfilling them) and how it is searched in various sectors of life (economy, politics, education and health). Participants will have a direct touch with the empowerment of women in the seminar venue, by visiting places and organisations active in the field. All this in order to let participants build partnerships and draw draft ideas of future common projects, which will be monitored with an impact evaluation after 6/12 months.
Aims and objectives
1. facilitating the networking process among participants and promoting new common projects
2. letting participants deepening the topic and its corollaries
3. deepening the analysis of the fields where empowering it’s needed in the four regions (EU + MEDA + SEE + EECA)
4. getting a direct touch with the external environment, with organizations and bodies with strong connections with the thematic
5. sharing experiences in the field
6. facilitating the networking process among participants and promoting new common projects.
1. Youth workers, trainers belonging to organisations or bodies dealing with the thematic.
2. Coming from EU and the three regions (MEDA + SEE + EECA)
3. A gender balance would be REALLY appreciated (or at least a significant male participation)
Organisers and partners
French National Agency in cooperation with SALTO EuroMed and with the support of SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus and SALTO South East Europe.
France, 13th – 18th December 2010
Working language: English/French
Group size: 24
1. Apply on line
You have to fill in the application on-line. Only the application forms submitted and correctly filled-in will be taken into account.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 16 October 2010
Programme countries: pre-selection through sending National Agencies for the YiA programme
Mediterranean Partner countries: Salto-Youth EuroMed with support of EuroMed Youth Units
Other partner countries: Salto-Youth EuroMed with support of SALTO SEE and SALTO EECA
* Travel, boarding and loading of participants will be covered.
* The selected participants will be contacted by the organisers about their travel’s cost.