Financial conditions: accommodation, meals, travel expenses will be provided by the organisers for the duration of the training.
Asia-Europe Training Course “ Environmental Human Rights: A Present and Future Challenge for Youth Work”
9 – 15 November 2010 , Seoul, Republic of Korea
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS
The course is prepared and run for participants who:
– Are citizen of a Council of Europe member state1 or an ASEM partner countries2;
– Are aged between 18 and 30 years (exceptions are possible if justified);
– Are fluent in English as a working language;
– Are active in a youth organisations and/or in environmental organisations, OR
– Are representatives from universities (particularly those who are involved in environmental
issues or in other related fields),
– Have experience in environmental education, human rights or human rights education;
– Are interested in developing future Asia-Europe youth cooperation projects in the areas of
environmental education, human rights education or education for sustainable development;
– Are supported by their organisation to take part in the course;
– Are motivated to take part in the course, to learn and share experiences with other
participants and to remain active in this field after the course;
– Are available for the full duration of the training and, possibly, for on-line work in the four
weeks before the training and the 8 weeks afterwards.
The organisers will select a group of 26 participants based on the perceived suitability of their
profile, motivation and interests in attending the training course. The organisers aim to have a
balanced group, regarding geographical origin and gender.
PRACTICAL AND FINANCIAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
Selected participants are expected to arrive in Seoul on 9 November and to depart on 15 November and must be available for the full duration of the course.
Accommodation and meals will be provided by the organisers for the duration of the training.
The Council of Europe will reimburse the travel expenses of European participants up to a maximum of EUR 750 per participant The Asia-Europe Foundation will cover the travel expenses of Asian participants up to EUR 500 per participants. The reimbursement will be effective only by bank transfer after the course and after the provision of the original travel documents. Visa costs can also be part of the reimbursement.
Those interested in applying to take part in the training course should fill in their application on-line before 9 September. Applicants must also upload an
updated CV, a photo and a recommendation letter from their organisation stating its interest in the training and Asia-Europe youth cooperation. If you face any difficulty with the online application form, please contact the site administrator.
Applicants are requested NOT to make any travel arrangements until they receive an official confirmation from the organisers.
AETC_Presentation_Fact Sheet.pdf 104.65 kB