Qualification: University degree in a relevant field
ECRE (European Council on Refugees and Exiles) is a pan-European network of 69 refugee-assisting non-governmental organisations that promotes a humane and generous European asylum policy. Together with their members, they promote the protection and integration of asylum-seekers, refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) based on values of human dignity, human rights and an ethic of solidarity.
Currently they are looking for a Training Officer who will be responsible for all the trainings organised by ECRE. This include in particular the ELENA courses for lawyers and any other trainings and conferences in line with ECRE’s priorities.
• Identify training and development needs within an the area of (forced) migration and lobbying
• Design and develop training and programmes;
• Consider the costs of planned programmes and keeping within budgets;
• Working in a team to produce programmes that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the organisation
• Identify experts for the trainings
• Write grant applications for EU or private funding relating to conferences or training projects.
Qualifications and skills:
• Experience in developing training programmes and conference organisation.
• Fluent written and spoken English, good knowledge of written and spoken French an advantage. Working knowledge of other European languages are considered an asset.
• Consultative, constructive problem solving approach.
• Flexibility and willingness to work out of office hours when necessary.
• Readiness to travel internationally (mainly in Europe).
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team as well as with mixed audiences of highly qualified legal and policy experts.
• Ability to meet short deadlines and work under pressure.
• Knowledge of the asylum-field in Europe.
• Computer literacy –Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of basic principles in team management.
• Knowledge of event and training logistics.
Apply: Interested candidates should sent a comprehensive CV and supporting letter in strict confidence to: Ronald Simon at ECRE, 146 Rue Royale, 1000 Brussels, Belgium or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only chosen applicants will be contacted to the interviews that will take place during the last week of October.
You can find more information here.