Deadline: 30/10/2010, 6 p.m.
Open to: Applicants born from 1975 to 1987 who have completed at university degree and permanently reside in a state of the South Caucasus. Excellent command of both English and Russian is required.
Duration and payment: the calendar year of 2011, with a monthly stipend of 250 Euro. Additional expenses for seminars, summer schools and publications may also be covered.
The South Caucasus Regional Office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation announces a competition for its Regional Scholarship Programme for social scientists
Goals of the Regional Scholarship Programme:
The goal of the Scholarship Programme is to foster academic research in South Caucasus countries.
The Programme aims to support:
* Young researchers to conduct individual and interdisciplinary research that contributes to the development of social sciences in the countries of the South Caucasus.
* The development of a regional network of social scientists in the South Caucasus.
Applicants born from 1975 to 1987 who have completed at university degree and permanently reside in a state of the South Caucasus are eligible to apply. Excellent command of both English and Russian is required (Knowledge of German would be an asset). Methodologically innovative works using techniques from oral history, sociological research methods and comparative studies will be given particular priority.
The Foundation finances academic projects in the following subject areas:
* A new vision of ethno-territorial conflicts in the South Caucasus.
* Refugees and internally displaced persons in the South Caucasus: strategies for survival.
* The history of resistance against the Soviet regime and repressions.
* Problems of inequality and discrimination in the South Caucasus.
* Transformation of gender roles.
* The scholarship is considered personal financial assistance and cannot be used for projects other than those envisioned by the Programme.
* Applicants do not necessarily need to be affiliated with an academic institution.
* The deadline for applications is 30 October 2010, 6:00 p.m.
Applications in a sealed envelope should be delivered to:
Heinrich Boell Foundation South Caucasus Regional Office
38, Zovreti St., Tbilisi 0160, Georgia