Open to: Phd holder in the field of International Security
Venue: Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI)
The Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI) invites applications for one full-time tenure-track position in Political Science/International Relations, with a special interest in International Security, at the Assistant Lecturer level.
This position is part of IBEI’s ambition to raise its international research profile.
Five-year contracts will be offered. At the end of the fourth year, the Assistant Lecturer’s performance will be reviewed. In the event of a positive review, a permanent contract will be offered. For candidates who already have a strong publication record, earlier evaluation for tenure consideration will be possible.
Salary conditions are internationally competitive and will include support for research expenses.
– have a PhD obtained by the time they will join IBEI
– record of methodologically rigorous publications in peer-reviewed journals and/or major scholarly presses
– excellent personal skills
– ability to contribute to collaborative research projects
– teach on IBEI’s Master’s degree programme
– participate in IBEI activities and research programmes.
Applicants should send:
– a letter of interest
– complete curriculum vitae
– a report of teaching and research activities giving evidence of teaching experience and research potential
– a sample of previous research
– an outline of a proposed research project
– and three letters of recommendation.
Please send these documents to the following address:
IBEI — Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals
or by e-mail [email protected]
The position is to begin on 1 October 2011.
Applications must be submitted by 15 November 2010.