Deadline: 28 October 2010
Open to: Candidates who have diploma of completed studies at university level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience (future member states (MS) and the countries of the EU neighborhood policy)
The European Patent Office in Munich is seeking an Administrator (country coordinator) in Department 126.96.36.199; European Affairs, Member States
Directorate European Cooperation (responsible for co-operation with EPC contracting states, future member states (MS) and the countries of the EU neighborhood policy) is looking for a country coordinator to strengthen its MS co-operation team.
1. Administration of contacts with a selected group of member states, by coordinating, maintaining and developing the EPO’s working-level relations with the countries concerned.
2. Checking that co-operation projects are in line with EPO cooperation policy and that the allocation of resources between the projects corresponds to the priorities set; monitoring project implementation, reporting.
3. Drafting, together with member state IP offices (IPOs), co-operation National Action Plans (NAPs) and supervising their implementation (content, finance).
4. Following-up and analyzing EU innovation policy and the activities of national public policymakers with respect to research, competition, legislation, trade, patenting and patent information/awareness, and of patent professionals and user groups, so as to integrate this within the NAP and support policy opinion-forming within the EPO.
- have excellent communication skills, able to communicate both inside and outside the EPO
- work carefully, accurately and reliably
- be loyal and diplomatic
- be a team player, able to work independently within a defined framework
- proactively approach the daily challenges which arise
- enjoy working in a service-oriented environment.
- diploma of completed studies at university level or – in exceptional cases – equivalent professional experience.
- excellent knowledge of one official language** and ability to understand the other two. ( Languages: English, French and German)
- the successful candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifications, possibly supplemented by interviews and/or tests.
- basic knowledge of EPO co-operation activities and skills in Central and Eastern European languages would be an advantage.
It is intended to hold the interviews in calendar week 48.
Please apply by sending us your online application
Instructions for online job applications to the European Patent Office
How to get there: directions for the European Patent Office in Munich