Deadline: 16 November 2010 – mail applications, 10 December 2010 – on-line applications
Open to: All artists, without any limits of age, sex, nationality or other qualifications
Prizes: Up to 5.000,00 euro and additional special prizes
The Italian Cultural Association MoCA (Modern Contemporary Art), in collaboration with Arte Laguna, organizes the Fifth International Art Prize “Arte Laguna”, aimed to the contemporary art promotion and valorization. The Prize is organized with the patronage of, among others, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Veneto Region, the European Institute of Design. The Prize offers: money prizes; the organization of an important collective exhibition in the Arsenale of Venice; many exhibition in Art Galleries/Exhibition Spaces; the possibility to stay in Art Residencies and the official Catalogue pubblication. The Prize is divided in five sections: painting, photographic art, sculpture, videoart and performance. Participants can choose the theme of their artworks.
The Prize is open to all artists, without any limits of age, sex, nationality or other qualifications. Each artist can participate with one or two works, at one or more sections.
- Painting – works realized with technical and stylistic freedom (oil, tempera, acrylic, ink, vinyl, watercolor, graphite, pencil, collage, etc.) on whichever support (canvas, paper, wood, plastics, iron, etc.). The max dimensions allowed per each work are 150×150 cm.
- Sculpture and installation – whichever organic or inorganic material. In the works you can use sounds, lights, videos, mechanical or electrical movements. The max dimensions allowed per each works are: base 4 meter, depth 4 m, height 4 m, weight 150 kg.The artist, in case of being selected as finalists for the collective exhibition, has to provide to the Organization all the necessary materials in order to exhibit the artwork and he should supervise the setting up.
- Photographic Art – color and b/w analogical photos, color and b/w digital photos, color and b/w digital elaborations, works entirely created by computer. The max dimensions allowed per each works are 150×150 cm.
- Video Art and animation – film, video and works with all the animation techniques on any digital and analog support. The works has to last as maximum 15 minutes, opening title and closing credits included. For the exhibition the artist has to send original works saved on DVD in high quality and in formats compatible with popular reading systems.
- Performance – Each artist or group of artists can participate with one or more performances that can be performed using any technique, expressive form and with any support materials (video, music, etc.. to be provided and arranged by the artist in the case of beeing selected as finalist). Each performance has to last as maximum 10 minutes and to involve as maximum five artists. Should be provided all copyright and SIAE rights.
- PRIZE Painting: 5.000,00 euro*
- PRIZE Sculpture: 5.000,00 euro*
- PRIZE Photographic Art: 5.000,00 euro*
- PRIZE Videoart: 5.000,00 euro*
- PRIZE Performance: 5.000,00 euro*
* On each cash prize will be made a withholding tax of about 25%. Cash prizes will be gived during the Awards Ceremony.
For the partial support of the organization expenses, the application fee is 50,00 euro for 1 work and 90,00 euro for 2 works proposed for the same section (see the art.6). For the student under 25 and if they are attending in Art Schools, Fine Arts Accademies and IED, the application fee is 45,00 euro for 1 work and 80,00 euro for 2 works (Certificate of enrollment and attendane is required). If the artists participate with 2 works in the Prize in wichever section they can also participate, without any additional charge, in the Special Prize “ReiL” and in the “Special Prizes Artist in Residence” as written in the art.4. Artists must keep a copy of the payment. Application fees are no-refundable.
Additional information regarding the ways of paying the application fee can be found here
How to apply
All the artists can apply for the Prize within:
16th November 2010: mail applications (it is considered the date on the postmark)
10th December 2010: on-line applications
All the artists can apply for the Prizes in these ways:
1) On-line: by filling in the form at:
PHOTOGRAPHIC ART SECTION
after the payment of the application fee.
2) by mail: sending the application in an envelope or giving the application to:
ARTE LAGUNA – Via Roma, 29/A – 31021 Mogliano V.to (TV) – ITALY
with the following materials: – application form filled in (http://www.artelagunaprize.com/modulo.pdf), – a short biography, – a picture of each works (minimum size: 15×20 cm; maximum size: 20x30cm) witten on the back the name, surname, country, title of the work, dimensions, technique, year, – copy of the payment of the application fee. The documentation and the photos won’t be given back.