Deadline: 2 December 2010
Open to: 18+ residents of the European Programme countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UK
Scholarship: a 1000 euros monthly scholarship for covering his/her expenses
Dates: 6 months starting from February/March 2011
SALTO Cultural Diversity in London is currently accepting applications for an intern to assist with a project about Intercultural Competence, and its role and importance within international youth projects in Europe.
The ICC project is a long term project, working together with researchers, youth workers and practitioners aiming at creating a pool of skills, tools and expertise to support trainers and youth leaders engaged in intercultural youth work across Europe.
The intern will work in collaboration with SALTO staff, trainers and researchers on the Intercultural Competence pilot project in 2011.
This 6 month internship will give the opportunity to work on an international level, directly under contract to the European Commission. There will be an opportunity to gain experience within the British Council, as a worldwide cultural organisation, and to understand from the inside how the SALTO Resource Centres and their associated agencies link.
– Applicants have to be over 18
– Only those with the legal right to stay in the UK will be eligible. Visa costs will be considered.
– Experience in the international youth work field or a Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO) is required.
– Previous experience of managing/implementing international youth projects is required, with training experience being a bonus. Knowledge and experience working with intercultural competence, on both a theoretical and practical basis.
– Previous experience in the research field is a bonus.
– Fluent English, both spoken and written is required.
This placement is only open to residents of European Programme countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
– The internship is supposed to start in February/ March 2011 (start date is negotiable) and will last 6 months
– The intern is expected to work 36hours over 5 days per week
– A monthly stipend of € 1000 will be provided which is expected to cover all local travel, board and lodging.
– The intern’s return travel costs (agreed in advance with SALTO) will be paid.
– Insurance is the responsibility of the intern.
– Accommodation in London is the responsibility of the intern (advice on websites where/how to find a flat can be provided on request)
– Some weekend and evening work will be expected.
– There could also be travel (within Europe) involved in this internship.
We encourage our interns to work independently and come up with their own ideas.
Nevertheless, to give you an idea, some of the possible tasks during this project might be:
• Work in collaboration with SALTO staff, trainers and researchers on the pilot research for the Intercultural Competence project:
o Link and network with various stakeholders (organisations, universities, youth workers, young people) connected to the topic of Intercultural Competence.
o Centralise the information from the different people to monitor the project progress
o Collate existing resources, documents and contacts to support the pilot research
o Carry interviews and participate in connected events in order to feed the pilot research
o Support the work to analyse the data
o Compile existing activity methods from the SALTO toolbox database
• Be responsible for the communication around the project, including the creation of web pages (specific training will be offered to work on the website)
• Support other SALTO projects and general running as needed (including some administrative tasks)
2) Before applying, please read the call carefully by clicking HERE
Deadline: Thursday, 2nd of December 2010!!
If you have any further questions, please contact:
SALTO Cultural Diversity Resource Centre
10 Spring Gardens
T +44 (0)20 7389 4084| F +44 (0)20 7389 4033