Deadline: 15 January 2011
Open to: amateur or professional photographers, artists, associations, collectives, groups, galleries, agencies, schools
Fee: 25 EUR
Voies Off night projections during the opening week of the Rencontres d’Arles festival (first full week in July) have become an international reference for the discovery of emerging authors and the alternative venue that it creates for international photographic creation.
Every year, the selected themes have met the evolutions of our contemporary world with a critical eye. Over twenty different nationalities are represented at each festival.
Every July, the Voies Off Prize is awarded by a jury of renowned professionals to an artist for the clarity of his/her vision and the high quality of his/her work.
All amateur or professional photo-graphers, artists, associations, collectives, groups, galleries, agencies, or schools… using photography as their medium.
Participants must apply to the Voies Off Prize on-line.
They must fill out an on-line registration form, pay a 25 euros registration fee, then up-load their photographs using an access code that Voies Off will provide via email.
Applications must include:
* ONE (and one only) pdf document including CV and a short statement describing the intentions and work of the author of the portfolio
* The pdf file will be titled as follows :[participant’s first name] _ [participant’s LAST NAME] . pdf Ex: Winston_SMITH.pdf (first name+underscore+last name+.+pdf)
* A series of 15 to 45 photographs :jpg format at the highest quality (lowest compression) / about 1500 pixels x 2000 pixels (for projection purposes), resolution set at 72 dpi / RGB or Gray Scale / Unlocked files
* If the submission is composed of several series of images, the appli- cant must create a specific sub-folder for each series
* The sub-folders will be titled as follows:[participant’s first name] _ [participant’s LAST NAME] _ [title of the series] . pdf