Deadline: 19 December 2010
Open to: natural persons from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia (between 18 and 35 years of age)
Prize: 17-day-tour with five representatives from other SEE countries in April/early May 2011
The main strategic aim of the project initiated by Polska Fundacja im. Roberta Schumana is to familiarize citizens of the European Union with the contemporary reality of candidate and potential candidate countries in South-Eastern Europe (SEE), thereby illustrating their potential as possible future member states.
With „We are Europeans“ we establish opportunities for European citizens to engage in peer contact and intercultural dialogue. We intend to stimulate a constructive European debate about the benefits and challenges of future enlargement. Offering balanced and first-hand information about the contemporary situation and long-term changes in SEE countries is a prerequisite for promoting mutual understanding and tolerance.
During a 17-day long, two-route bus tour (EuropeTour) starting and ending in Warsaw one representative each of the six participating SEE countries (Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia) together with a tour guide and photographer will meet face to face with citizens of Austria, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Poland. They take part in common activities of representational, intercultural and informal kind (e.g. debates, conferences, local community meetings, sports activities and performances).
- A unique group experience and personal challenge
- Specific preparatory training
- Full provision of travel and subsistence costs during tour, conference and parade
- Documentation and certification of successful participation
- be active and motivated to participate in the project already in the preparatory phase
- be able to communicate in English freely
- present great knowledge about their country, the culture, history of Europe and human rights awareness as well as be familiar with current events and the
- stages of preparation for EU membership their countries are going through
- be able to express themselves on the topic of why they want to cooperate with EU citizens and argument their point of view
- be familiar with web 2.0 technologies and/or express willingness to use them since all participants will have to constantly report on their status and inform the public about their daily adventures using modern technologies, especially internet (blogging) and social networking (Twitter, Facebook)
- take part in the organizational meeting in Warsaw in mid-April 2011
- participate in a 17-day-tour with five representatives from other SEE countries, a caravan guide and a photographer in April/early May 2011
- actively participate in different local events on their tour in different EU Member States and in the international conference and the Schuman Parade in Warsaw on 6 and 7 May 2011
Deadline for applications with CV, current picture and motivational letter is Sunday, 19 December, 24:00 CET.
Send your applications to Gert Roehrborn at [email protected]