Deadline: 10 January 2011
Open to: workers with Roma communities and all interested people in Roma issues
Costs: accommodation covered, travel costs will be reimbursed at the end of the workshop
Venue: 27 February to 6 March 2011, Lyon, France
The workshop «Five years into the Decade for Roma Inclusion, what do Europeans know about their Roma minorities?», developed by Humanity in Action France in partnership with Espace Projets Interassociatifs, will attempt to evaluate the general knowledge about Roma populations in Europe today.
The main objectives of the workshop are:
* provide participants with knowledge on the history and cultures of Roma populations across Europe
* address the diversity of contemporary issues faced by Roma populations across Europe
* develop an educational tool designed to help European Civil Society gain knowledge on Roma populations
* fight prejudices leading to discrimination and exclusion all over the European Union
* tackle prejudices and preconceived ideas about Roma populations by disseminating knowledge about the history of the minority, its internal diversity, and the different issues it faces across Europe
HIA France will be primarily seeking for applicants currently from:
– The Netherlands
Plus, all applicants must:
– demonstrate a serious interest in Roma issues
– explain the relevance of such a workshop in their current or future work/research/projects
– demonstrate their ability to be multipliers in their own communities
Participants must buy their own travel tickets by February 1st, and will be reimbursed at the end of the workshop upon receipt of both their receipts and boarding passes.
HIA France will be responsible for housing participants, as well as providing participants with travel cards,and food stipends for non group meals.