Deadline: 31 January 2011
Open to: exceptional UK/EU and overseas graduates, new applicants
Studentship: tuition fee waiver, £15,000/year, one-off allowance of £1,000
Applications are sought from exceptional UK and overseas graduates and are particularly welcome in the following areas:
* business and management
* computer science
* cultural policy and management
* engineering and mathematics
* food policy
* information science
* international politics
* language and communication science
* law, justice and journalism
* nursing and midwifery
* optometry and visual science
University Doctoral Studentships are available to:
* Both UK/EU and overseas fee-paying students
* New applicants who will be studying full-time
Research proposals are assessed on their research excellence or demonstrable potential, and the quality of the research proposal. Potential doctoral candidates are encouraged to discuss their proposal with the relevant staff member at the School to determine whether their research project can be accommodated.
Details on the research interests of University academics can be accessed from the Schools, faculties & departments page.
* An annual bursary (£15,000 for 2011/12, expected to rise in line with inflation in subsequent years)
* A full tuition fee waiver
* A one-off allowance of £1,000. This may be used across the three-year period to cover the cost of attending conferences, purchasing equipment or other activity in support of the research.
All Schools, departments and centres (except Cass Business School)
Complete and submit the ‘Application for Research Degree Course’ form. Candidates wishing to be considered for a University Doctoral Studentship should play close attention to Sections 3 and 6 of the form.
Cass Business School only
Complete the online PhD Application form. Candidates wishing to be considered for a University Doctoral Studentship should select ‘Bursary application to City University’ in the Finance section in Part 1.
The closing date for all University Doctoral Studentship applications is Monday 31 January 2011 (for entry in 1 October 2011). Candidates will be notified of the outcome by Friday 1 April 2011.
For more information submit an enquiry here.
City University London
London EC1V 0HB
Tel: +44 (0)20 7040 5060
The official webpage.