Deadline: 10 February 2011
Open to: individuals between 16 and 25 years
Fee: no fee
Venue: to be announced, Skopje, Macedonia
creACTive is a youth association for support of creativity and active citizenship of young people. Formed in 2007, creACTive has a main aim to assist young people’s development by providing them with a variety of non-formal education activities. creACTive organizes a training course that supports and encourages the personal and professional development of the youth workers. The training offers possibilities for the participants to be involved in a process of learning through different methods, theory and practice.
The aim of this course is to train youth workers in non-formal-education of youth organizations on ensuring a high quality standard in organizing, implementing and evaluating workshops sessions and training activities as also securing an effective follow up of these sessions and other training activities.
The training course will cover these fields
- Understanding “youth work”
- Curriculum development model (a progressive model of young people’s involvement)
- Working with groups of young people and individuals
- How to establish effective communication among youth
- Working with conflicts/difficulties and differences
- Intercultural sensitivities (meet your neighbors)
- Project management with emphasis on planning, implementing and evaluating youth projects
- Designing workshop session plans
- Using different games, exercises, warm-ups, energizers, role-plays and other methods
- Facilitation techniques
When the training sessions will be finished, participants will have a task to make a practical work for completing their participation. On that way they will gain valuable practical experience in the field of youth work. Each participant has to do minimum of 15 hours direct work with youth groups. After finishing the practical work, participants will receive a certificate that demonstrates their active involvement in the whole process.
The training course will last for 2 months. There will be sessions twice per week. Each session will last for 3 hours. The training course will start on 24th February 2011 at the youth club creACTive in Skopje.
Participants have to
- be aged between 16 and 25 years
- be motivated to work with young people
- be committed to attend for the full duration of the course
- be able to work in English
- be in a position to act as youth workers and multipliers after the training course
Applications must be submitted by 10th February 2011. Candidates will be informed whether their application has been accepted or rejected by 15th February 2011. Apply online here. Applications has to be written in English.
There is no participation fee. creACTive does not cover any travel costs for the participants.
Office Address: Zeleznicka 9, Skopje, Macedonia Postal address: Nikola Vukmirovic 23 / 3 , 1060 Skopje, Macedonia [email protected] Phone / Fax: +389 (0)2 3 220 994