Deadline: on going
Open to: professionals, students, homemakers, retirees, people with disabilities
What is it?
Online volunteers are people who commit their time and skills over the Internet, freely and without financial considerations, for the benefit of society.
Who can apply?
Online volunteers are professionals, students, homemakers, retirees, people with disabilities and expatriates from across the globe who support organizations over the Internet. What they have in common is a strong commitment to making a real difference to development.
What do online volunteers do?
Volunteers can take action for sustainable human development by supporting the activities of development organizations over the Internet.
Here you can find opportunities that suit your profile.
How does online volunteering work?
It offers a database of online volunteering opportunities submitted by development organizations worldwide. Interested individuals identify opportunities that match their interests, expertise and skills, and submit their applications directly to the organizations, which select the volunteers they would like to engage in their activities.
1. Organizations that comply with the eligibility criteria submit their online volunteering opportunities.
2. UNV publishes them if they are in line with the opportunity criteria.
3. You search for opportunities that match your profile and interests, and submit your application to the organization that posted the opportunity through the website.
4. The organization selects the volunteers with whom they would like to collaborate.
5. If your application is successful, you collaborate with the organization over the Internet.
6. You submit feedback upon completion of the assignment.
7. The organization issues you a certificate of appreciation.
Finding your opportunity
Among different tasks you can chose:
* Writing and editing
* IT development
* Project development and management
* Coordination and facilitation
* Training and coaching
or focus on a development topic:
* Income generation and employment
* Governance and human rights
* Integration of marginalized groups
* Food and agriculture
* Development advocacy and strategies
* Crisis prevention and recovery
or support a specific region in the world:
* Arab States
* Eastern Europe, CIS
* Latin America, Caribbean
* South/East Asia, Pacific
* Sub-Saharan Africa