Deadline: 28 February 2011
Open to: young researchers from the WB member countries
Fellowship: US$ 25,000
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program provides support to young researchers working in academic and research institutions from eligible countries preparing a doctoral thesis. Research grants cover residence costs for a 5 to 10 month period in a renowned university or research center. Fellows are expected to advance their research work mainly by using the facilities and resources provided by the host institution and by interacting with peers.
Candidates are requested to submit a budget for their fellowship covering the costs related to their research program: travel; insurance and living expenses; fees for courses and participation to seminars; and a books and software allowance. The grant amount to be awarded to each fellow will be decided by the Selection Committee. The maximum amount of the grant is US$ 25,000.
Applicants must meet the following general criteria to be eligible for a fellowship award:
* Be a national and resident of a World Bank member country which is currently eligible to borrow;
* Candidates should be under 45 years. Candidates born before January 1, 1966 will not be considered;
* Must have completed and been awarded at least a Master’s degree, or equivalent, at the time of application;
* Be regularly registered in a development related doctoral program in their home or another country;
* Must have completed all coursework and exam requirements for their doctoral program;
* Be employed as full time lecturer or researcher by an academic or research institution in their home country;
* Be accepted as a visiting scholar by a renowned university for a period of five to ten months.
Application forms for Robert S. McNamara (RSM) Fellowships Program are available in English, French, and Spanish in PDF format.
Each application consists of the three documents: 1)RSM Application Form 2010-11; 2) Letter of Reference (Professional or Academic), and 3) Statement of Acceptance by Host Institution & Research Adviser
Applications and correspondence should be mailed to:
The World Bank
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
1818 H Street, NW – MSN J2-204
Washington, DC 20433
Scholarship Application Deadline: 28 February 2011
The Program Office can also be contacted at:
Tel.: +1 (202) 473-6849