Deadline: 10 April 2011
Open to: non-Chinese nationals
Scholarship: tuition and fees for registration, laboratory experiments, internship, basic learning materials, and intramural accommodation, insurance, CNY 2,000/month for doctoral students, CNY 1,700/month for master’s degree students
Chinese Government Scholarship – University Postgraduate Study Program (CGS-UPSP) is established by the Ministry of Education of China (hereinafter referred to as MOE) aiming to offer support in developing international high level universities and promote Chinese higher education brand. Entrusted by MOE, Zhejiang University recruits CGS-UPSP-supported international graduate students supported by CGS-UPSP across the world.
- Number of scholarship students to be admitted: 30
- Coverage of the scholarship: Tuition and fees for registration, laboratory experiments, internship, basic learning materials, and intramural accommodation; Living allowance: CNY 2,000 per month for doctoral students; CNY 1,700 per month for master’s degree students; Fees for outpatient medical services and Comprehensive Medical Insurance and Benefit Plan for International Students in China; A one-off settlement subsidy for new students after registration: CNY 1,500 per person.
- Categories of Applicants and Duration of the Scholarship – Master’s Degree Students: 2-3 academic years, Doctor’s Degree Students: 3-4 academic years
In principle, courses will be taught in Chinese. Scholarship students without sufficient Chinese language proficiency are required to take one-year remedial Chinese language courses and pass the relevant test prior to the studies in their specialties. For those who take the one-year remedial Chinese language courses, the duration of the scholarship will be extended correspondingly.
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals and in good health.
2. Applicants are not currently studying in Chinese universities.
3. Education background and age limit:
– Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
– Applicants for Doctoral studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
4. Applicants should have a competitive academic record.
5. Applicants should have strong scientific research ability.
How to Apply
Application deadline: April 10, 2011.
Applicants can submit the application materials (refer section V below ) to Admission Office of the International College, Zhejiang University, by post mail or in personally.The application materials submit by email will not be accepted. Please make sure mailed materials arrive before the deadline.