Deadline: 18 April 2011
Open to: holders of a Master degree in the domain of Biomedical Sciences
Scholarship: full-time appointment research assistant salary
The division Anatomy is responsible for the human anatomy courses in the Bachelor degree Medicine at the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Campus Kortrijk (Kulak), Belgium. Lectures are complemented by practical sessions which offer an interactive way of acquiring knowledge and insight in the functional anatomy of the human body. In addition to the teaching duties, the division Anatomy also conducts research with focus on the functional anatomy and biomechanics of the musculoskeletal system, in collaboration with other research groups and clinicians.
Programme: Exercise and Physical Activity in Health and Disease
Research group: Biomedical Sciences Group, Kulak
– you help prepare and assist in the practical sessions Anatomy in the Bachelor degree Medicine;
– you support the educational tasks of the professor in Anatomy;
– you prepare a PhD in the domain of functional anatomy and biomechanics of the musculoskeletal system.
Eligibility and Requirements
– You have a Master degree in the domain of Biomedical Sciences (e.g., Master in Biomedical Sciences, Master in Movement Sciences, Master in Kinesiology, Master in Rehabilitation Sciences, Master in Biology, Master in Engineering: biomedical technology, Master in Medicine) or equivalent. You should have obtained your Master degree prior to appointment (last year students can also apply for this position);
– You have a good knowledge and strong interest in Anatomy and Biomechanics;
– You have experience in dissections, or you are willing to acquire these skills;
– You are creative, like to take initiative and able to work independently;
– You have good educational and communicative skills and necessary sense for responsibility.
A full-time appointment as research assistant (AAP) for a period of two years, renewable, at the division Anatomy, subfaculty Medicine, Kulak (Kortrijk, Belgium).
Application date: 18-04-2011
Start date: 01-10-2011
To apply to this project you have to send your:
* Curriculum Vitae
* Relevant research experience
* Study curriculum with rankings
* English proficiency (for foreign students)
by email to Evie Vereecke: firstname.lastname@example.org