Deadline: 16 May 2011
Open to: masters in industrial design, interaction design, graphic design or interior design
Fellowship: 383 700,- NOK
The Oslo School of Architecture and Design (AHO) calls for applications to one full-time Ph.D. fellowship for a three year period starting September 2011. The successful applicant will join the research project Ulstein Bridge Concept which is an innovation project together with the Norwegian shipyard company Ulstein Group and other partners from the maritime sector.
The research project will be centered around case based methods, research by design / research through design, and reflection on designing complex operations.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in interaction design, product design, interior design or graphic design.
Fill in the application form (you can download it at the official website).
Do not forget to include:
* An application letter
* A tentative project description of maximum 5 pages
* Curriculum vitae
* Portfolio of design work showing five projects
* Copies of educational certificates (foreign applicants must attach an explanation of their university’s grading system)
* 2 references or recommendations explaining why, in the referee’s opinion, the candidate is qualified to undertake the prospective research at AHO
* If relevant: List of publications and/or academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
* Applicants who do not have English or a Scandinavian language as their mother tongue: documentation of knowledge of English (TOEFL-test or similar)
The application (with all enclosures) must be submitted in 5 paper copies and sent to:
Ulstein Bridge Concept – Ph.D. Fellow
P.b. 6768 St. Olavs plass
0130 Oslo Norway
In addition, the application must be sent electronically to [email protected]. In the subject field, please write “Systems Oriented Design”.
Ph.D. Research Fellow (SKO 1017), pay grade: ltr.48 (383 700,- NOK). Normal employment conditions for state employees apply for the position.