Deadline: 10 May 2011
Open to: experienced journalists
Scholarship: not stated
The International Center for Journalists invites application for the one year Knight International Journalism Fellowships program to promote reliable, insightful journalism that holds officials accountable and makes lasting, visible changes that improve the quality and free flow of news in the public interest around the world. The program funded by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Knight International Fellows work in these key regions: Asia/Pacific, Eurasia/Former Soviet Union, Latin America, Middle East/North Africa, and Sub-Saharan African.
Qualifications and Skills
– Strong leadership qualities
– Fluency in the local language of the host country
– Demonstrated knowledge of project focus and experience in project medium/media
– Minimum of 10 years journalism experience
– Training experience is a plus
– Fellowship is open to any nationality
– Fellowship duration is a minimum of one year, unless otherwise specified
An orientation program for new Knight International Journalism Fellows providing information about the Fellowships and training in digital media, mentoring techniques and monitoring and evaluation methods takes place twice annually.
The Knight International Journalism Fellowships program sends top media experts to targeted countries around the world to lead projects that have a lasting, visible impact on journalists, media organizations and societies as a whole.
Regions/How to Apply
Applicants can chose one of the regions, and apply directly for concrete project(Global, Kenya, Egypt, Jordan, Tunisia, Liberia, Africa, Nigeria) HERE .