Deadline: 20 May 2011
Open to: youth workers from Serbia (24 participants) and states party to the European Cultural Convention (6 participants)
Costs: travel expenses and visa costs will be reimbursed. Boarding and lodging will be fully covered
Venue: 6-10 June 2011, Kastel Ecka, Serbia
The course aims to develop participants’ competences in enhancing democratic youth participation at local, national and European levels and to further stimulate co-operation between different actors in youth work and youth policy development and implementation in Serbia.
The course will be held from 6-10 June 2011 in Kastel Ecka, Serbia. The participants should plan to arrive on 5 June and depart on 11 June.
* To develop a common understanding on the roles, responsibilities and values of different stakeholders in Serbia in promotion and development of youth policy and participation therein and to enhance cooperation and coordination between them;
* To further develop competences of different stakeholders in Serbia in democratic youth participation, strategies and tools to enhance it, especially focusing on youth information and local youth involvement;
* To share experiences and views on related with enhancing youth participation in Serbia and identify good practices;
* To develop ways of developing and implementing youth policies at local and national level while involving all stakeholders in the process and take into account the principles and guidelines of the Council of Europe (notably the revised Charter on the Participation of Young People at Local and Regional level);
* To reflect and discuss the role of the local youth councils and their contribution to making youth participation a reality at all levels;
* To introduce the Council of Europe Charter on Education for Democratic Citizenship and Human Rights Education to actors of youth policy in Serbia and support its implementation in youth work and youth policy;
The course will bring together 30 participants: 24 youth workers, leaders and representatives of local and national authorities of Republic of Serbia and 6 international participants from states party to the European Cultural Convention other than Serbia (mainly from neighbouring countries of Serbia).
Fill in the online application.
Travel expenses and visa fees are reimbursed. Board and lodging for the training seminar will be provided and paid for by the Ministry of Youth and Sport of the Republic of Serbia.
European Youth Centre Strasbourg
30, rue Pierre de Coubertin
F – 67000 Strasbourg, France
Tel: +/33/ 3 88 41 23 00
Fax: +/33/ 3 88 41 27 77/78
E-mail: [email protected]
European Youth Centre Budapest
Zivatar utca 1 – 3
1024 Budapest, Hungary
Tel: +36 1 212 40 78
Fax: +36 1 212 40 76