Deadline: 27 May 2011
Open to: everyone who wishes to apply, in and outside of the UN
Prize: winning photograph will be framed and presented to UN SG, and displayed on the Facebook pages
Greening the Blue and the UN Photographic Society have joined forces to create a competition to celebrate and inspire efforts to make the UN more sustainable. The competition is the response to the UN Secretary General call for a more sustainable United Nations.
The competition provides an opportunity to raise the profile of existing green activities taking place within the UN, and will enable everyone to share their ideas of what a greener UN might look like. It provides a space for creativity and imagination, for hopes and dreams.
All entries must address the theme: Visions of a Sustainable UN.
The competition is free and open to everyone, in and outside of the UN.
Submissions must be:
• High resolution photographs, capable of being enlarged to a 8×10 size are desired.
• Photographs sent via mobile phones will be accepted if capable of enlargement to 8×10.
• High-quality scans of non-digital photographs are acceptable.
• Digital photographs should be shot at the highest resolution possible.
• Each photo should not be more than 10 MBs in size
Email your photograph(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, nationality and job title. (Winners will be notified via email Friday 3rd June. The announcement will go public on Sunday 5th June).
The winning photograph will be framed and presented to Secretary General Ban Ki-moon. It will also be displayed on Greening the Blue and Greening the Blue’s Facebook page.