Deadline: 20 June 2011
Open to: holders of UK honours degree at 2:1 level or equivalent/a masters degree
Studentships: 1. Stipend plus tuition fees, 2. Fees only, 3. Part funded
Kingston University has established an international reputation for high quality, innovative research and is now seeking to make a substantial investment in 50 new PhD studentships available for 2011/12.
The competition for these prestigious research studentships is now open to students who wish to study for a full-time PhD at Kingston University.
Applications are invited from qualified individuals in the following areas:
- Art, Design and Architecture (Contemporary fine art practice; Design practice/design; Urban spaces and the interior; Representing migration; Digital media; Sustainable property investment)
- Business and Law (Small business and entrepreneurship; Marketing; Human resource management; Criminal justice and youth justice; Environmental law and sustainability)
- Health and Social Care Sciences (Long term conditions; Health exercise and rehabilitation)
- Science, Engineering and Computing (Biotechnology, diagnostics and therapeutics; Modelling complex physical systems; Robotics; Environment and geological sciences; Materials and nanotechnology; Wireless communications and applications; Sustainable energy; Complex physical systems – dynamics; Computer vision and image processing)
Applicants should hold a minimum of UK honours degree at 2:1 level or equivalent, though preference will be given to applicants who hold a masters degree.
Only full-time candidates will be considered due to funding constraints.
Applicants must meet the entry criteria for research degrees at Kingston University.
Three different types of studentship are available:
- Stipend plus fees (full-time tuition fees at Home/EU level and a stipend at UK Research Council rates (£15,590pa) for a period of up to three years).
- Fees only (full-time tuition fees at Home/EU level for a period of up to three years)
- Part funded (full-time tuition fees Home/EU level plus a contribution towards a stipend for a period of up to three years)
The closing date for receipt of fully completed applications is 12.00noon on Monday 20 June 2011.
Read the Studentships Guidelines (PDF).
Initial enquiries may be made by email to the Graduate Research School at [email protected]
Applications should include:
- a Studentship Application Form (PDF) – form available soon;
- a Reference Form (PDF) with two references – form available soon;
- transcripts; and
- a project proposal of 500–1,000 words.
Applications and references should be emailed to [email protected] or posted to:
Graduate Research School
River House, 53–57 High Street
Kingston upon Thames