Deadline: 10 June 2011
Open to: artists in the fields of painting, drawing, photography, video and installation from Central and Eastern Europe, up to 40 years
Award: monetary prize of 7,000UR, exhibition in the artist’s native country
For the 10th year, Henkel Central Eastern Europe (Henkel CEE) promotes the Henkel Art.Award for countries in this region. The partners for this project are KulturKontakt Austria and the “Museum der Modernen Kunst Stiftung Ludwig” (Museum of Modern Art – MUMOK) in Vienna.
The award aims to recognize the best works created by fine artists in Central and Eastern Europe in the fields of painting, drawing, photography, video and installation. The winner is chosen from the submitted entries within the context of a multi-phased selection process.
The competition is open to artists in the fields of painting, drawing, photography, video and installation from the following countries: Albania, Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey and the Ukraine.
# CV and description of artistic career (in English or German)
# 5-10 reproductions of works of art (please do not send the originals)
– Artwork in the fields of painting, drawing, photography: reproductions in the form of photos, folders and/or catalogues (Format: maximum A3). No slides, CDs or DVDs!
– Artwork in the fields of video and installation: Use video DVDs! (Maximum duration of presentation: 10 minutes)
# All works of art must have originated after the year 2008
Submit this material directly to the Henkel address in the respective country (see pdf download list on the official webpage).
* monetary prize of 7,000 euros
* an exhibition in the artist’s native country
* cooperation with MUMOK
* opportunity to display his or her works of art within the framework of an individual exhibition in MUMOK held in the following year, accompanied by the publication of an exhibition catalogue
Dr. Sabine Schauer
Head Corporate Communications Central Eastern Europe, Middle East & North Africa
Mag.(FH) Christina Hammertinger-Bischof, MSc.
Corporate Communications Central Eastern Europe, Middle East & North Africa