Deadline: 6 June 2011
Open to: researchers from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia
Fellowship: stipend to cover all expenses related to the stay in Vienna (travel, accommodation, health insurance, incidentals)
Robert Bosch Fellowships will enable junior and senior scholars to spend six months at the IWM in Vienna to pursue their research projects while working in residence at the Institute. The fellows will receive a stipend to cover all expenses related to the stay in Vienna (travel, accommodation, health insurance, incidentals). The IWM will provide the fellows with a personal office with access to internet, in-house research and administrative facilities.
Projects should be related to South-Eastern Europe and address political, social, or economic issues of topical relevance, in accordance with the research priorities established by the IWM.
* Applicants from: Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia
* Applicants must be researchers from the mentioned countries (citizens of or permanently residents, or are affiliated with a university or research institution in the region)
* Visiting Fellows must have obtained a PH.D. in the humanities or social sciences and must hold a senior academic or research position, at least Associate Professor level or equivalent.
* Visiting Fellows must currently pursue their doctoral degree or have recently obtained a ph.d. in the humanities or social sciences.
Please download the application pack.
Add a concise research proposal in English (max. 4 pages) and a CV and list of publications.
Junior fellows also must submit two letters of reference from scholars familiar with the applicant‘s academic work.
Please send the application by mail to:
Institut für die Wissenschaften
Spittelauer Lände 3
Advance copies by e-mail are accepted:
Subject header: Robert Bosch Fellowships
Please send your application materials as pdf files.
* Visiting Fellows receive a stipend of EUR 25,000 for the six-month term
* Junior Visiting Fellows receive a stipend of EUR 10,000 for six months