Deadline: 4 September 2011
Open to: project managers, youth leaders, youth workers from Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, Turkey, South-East Europe, Eastern Europe and the Caucasus
Dates: 31 October 2011 – 6 November 2011
Costs: covered by National Agencies
The training course on European Citizenship was developed to encourage the development of a critical, democratic and European Citizenship and in doing so, to support the implementation and quality of the «Youth in Action» Programme.
This training course aims to support the professional development of youth workers and youth leaders by extending their critical understanding of European Citizenship, exploring and experiencing its potential and by enabling them to recognise and integrate European Citizenship in their youth work.
The training course puts into practice priority 1 (European Citizenship) of the Youth in Action programme, by aiming to:
- To critically explore the meaning, relevance and implications of European citizenship in youth work in all its dimensions;
- To promote and facilitate the active use of programmes and structures in support of youth work on European Citizenship, including Youth in Action;
- To experiment and explore the potential of European Citizenship for active democratic change in society;
- To associate the participants with the current discourse on European Citizenship (its concepts, formal meanings and expressions)
- To exemplify the connection between European Citizenship, Human Rights, Democracy and ICL and the underlying values.
Hosting costs will be covered by the hosting NA. In case your are selected, the sending costs for participants will (partly) be reimbursed by the sending NAs depending on the national regulations. Please check the financial conditions with your sending National Agency.
Participants from the EU may apply online HERE.
Further information on the content of the European Citizenship training courses can be found on the European Citizenship website.
Information pack for the participants.