Deadline: 15 July 2011
Open to: all interested
Remuneration: €1050 per month
Front Line, The International Foundation for the Protection of Human Rights Defenders invites applications for a 6-month administration internship. The internship will be based in Front Line’s office in Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
- The successful candidate will have excellent clerical and computer skills as well as practical experience in an administrative role.
- He/she will be able to demonstrate their commitment to human rights and their understanding of international issues.
- He/she must be able to work in English and a second language (French, Spanish, Arabic or Russian).
- He/she will be able to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- He/she will have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- He/she will be flexible and co-operative.
- He/she will be trained in relation to Human Rights Defenders; the UN Declaration on Human Rights Defenders; the Mandate of the UN Special Representative; the role of Front Line and other national and international organisations in the support and protection of Human Rights Defenders.
Basic Terms of reference:
- arrange flights, visas and accommodation for visiting human rights defenders and other guests
- assist with organisation of events
- coordinate mailouts of Front Line publications
- coordinate translation of website and other correspondance;
- undertake clerical tasks such as faxing, photocopying, word processing, data entry, collating, emailing and filing;
- answer telephone, take messages and deal with routine queries and correspondence;
- responsible for office stationery and supplies
- liaise with volunteers on specific projects
- work on specific projects relating to Human Rights Defenders as requested;
Honorarium: €1050 per month
The next internship will be starting in August/September 2011.
Applications comprising a cover letter and CV should be sent to Tara Madden, Program Manager, Front Line by 15 July 2011.
Applications can be sent by email to [email protected] or by post to:
Please put the name of the position you are applying for in the subject bar of your email.