Deadline: 1st October 2011
Open to: people who are interested in human rights
The purpose of the Ginetta Sagan Fund of Amnesty International USA is to recognize and assist women who are working to protect the liberty and lives of women and children in areas where human rights violations are widespread. The 2011 award will be given to a woman who works on behalf of the human rights of women and children.
- Founder and/or Executive Director of an organization.
- Under threat for her activism.
- Proven effective at addressing human rights issues.
- Has brought about significant change in her country, region, or issue through her work.
- Not a political party leader or government official/employee.
- Recognizes outstanding achievement, often at great personal risk.
- Enhances the recipient’s ability to live and work freely, and protects the recipient’s capacity to continue her work, by bringing a new level of international attention to her accomplishments and the obstacles she faces.
- Brings increased international scrutiny to the crisis, region or issue for which the recipient works.
Submit a signed electronic nomination letter (signature scanned, sent via email) or a hard copy of the letter that contains your signature. Nomination Form
Send Nomination to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
The Ginetta Sagan Fund
c/o Amnesty International USA
350 Sansome Street, Suite 210
San Francisco, California 94104