Deadline: 14 October 2011
Open to: Highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers
Fellowship: Maximum living allowance for this fellowship is 2.250 TL/month
Travel and research grants in the fields of Natural Sciences, Engineering and Technological Sciences, Medical Sciences, Agricultural Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities will be awarded to highly qualified PhD students and young post-doctoral researchers to perform part of their research in Turkey.
- Be a non-Turkish citizen (people who have dual citizenship are not eligible)
- Be accepted by one of the universities or research institutes in Turkey
- Certify that he/she has sufficient command of language in which the research will be pursued
- For PhD students: be enrolled in a PhD programme abroad
- For post-doctoral researchers: be at the age of 35 or under the age of 35
- PhD degree with GPA (Grade Point Average) minimum 3.50/4.00 for post-doctoral researchers who got their PhD degrees from Turkish universities
About the Fellowship
Duration of award
Maximum duration of this fellowship is 12 months.
Value of award
Maximum living allowance for this fellowship is 2.250 TL/month. If it is approved by TÜBİTAK – Department of Science Fellowships and Grant Programmes (BİDEB) Evaluation and Support Commission, travel costs and health insurance may be partially covered.
How to apply
- Photocopy of birth certificate or personal information part of passport
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications (if any)
- Curriculum vitae and list of publications of the host scientists
- BSc, MSc and PhD transcripts
- A letter of acceptance from a Turkish university or a research institute
- A letter confirming that the applicant has got a leave of absence from his/her home institution
- Language adequacy certificate
- Two recommendation letters
- A detailed research plan explaining the aim, experience and background of the candidate on the proposed research
- A brief report prepared by the host scientist in Turkey on the proposed research project(signed)
- For PhD students: a document certifying that the applicant is registered as a PhD student abroad
- For post-doctoral researchers: a copy of PhD certificate
Online applications can be found here (you need your passport no. in order to enter the application form) and they need to be made by 6 p.m. on the application deadline date since the system will be closed automatically at 6 p.m.
After the online application form is filled and the documents above are uploaded, the applicant must sign the printout of the form and send it to TUBITAK-BIDEB (contact details can be found below) along with the documents above.
Applications not fulfilling cited conditions, lacking any of the required documents or those arriving after the deadline will not be processed.
Programme Officer: Duran MEŞE
Research Fellowship Programme for Foreign Citizens
Tunus Caddesi No: 80, 06100
e-mail : [email protected]
The full information kit concerning this particular fellowships programme can be downloaded here.