Deadline: 20 September 2011
Open to: Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo
Costs: The participation is free of charge, but registration is mandatory
Venue: 30September 2011 in Hotel Lev, Vošnjakova 1, Ljubljana, Slovenia
TransNEW Consortium and Slovenia Control Ltd. as a host is organising the Transport Research Opportunities Workshop for West Balkan Countries (Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia and Kosovo), which will take place on 30th September 2011 in Hotel Lev, Vošnjakova 1, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
The TransNEW project was launched on January 1st 2010 and aims to map the transport research potential in all the New Member and Associated States. The project has a key role in supporting transport research activities in the New Member and Associated States of Europe by stimulating, encouraging and facilitating the participation of the New Member States and particularly Small to Medium Sized enterprises in national, regional and European research.
The aim of the workshop will be:
- To create the opportunity for consortiums interested in working together to prepare a proposal. This creates a safe environment for people and organisations from the New Member States who may not have already participated in European projects to ask questions and clarify any points of concern.
- Participation in the workshop will have an opportunity to exchange ideas with EC officials and experienced partners.
- The event will also give the opportunities for searching of partners for the formation of national and EU project consortia and search for partners by main transport mode, for example road, rail, aeronautics and waterborne.
- All delegates will have the opportunity to become part of the database of prospective partners in local, national and European projects and therefore have the possibility for networking, promotion and collaboration.
To achieve the overall goals of the project the work is separated into 8 Work Packages. Work Packages 1-5 cover the country specific research whilst the other 3 Work packages are Mode Specific, Dissemination and the database. Work Packages 1-5:The objectives of the these Work packages is to map the transport research capacities in the the New Member and Associated States and determine priorities at the regional level.Work package 6: Mode Evaluation:hrough mode evaluation, TransNEW will assess the research actors who can make an active contribution to the common transport research objectives of advancing competitiveness, anticipating and responding to the socio-economic and environmental challenges of the transport system.Work package 7: Dissemination: The dissemination objectives of this work package are two-fold. Data gathering and data sharing. The data gathering will be carried out by using the TransNEW methodology to assess the current state-of-the-art in transport research in the new Member (and Associated) States. To further facilitate this data gathering there will be a series of interactive workshops, which will bring together transport related experts who wish to participate in future transport projects, especially cross-European.Work package 8: Database: This will go through the following stages:
- Evaluating the current state-of-the-art in transport research,
- Evaluate the criteria for tenders,
- Develop a national database of transport research contacts,
- Collect information for the International TransNEW database using a pre-defined questionnaire,
- Synthesise the results to give a complete picture of areas of strength and gaps in transport research.
The program of workshop in Slovenia.
If you are interested in these topics you can apply.