Deadline: 20 September 2011
Open to: People between 21 and 30 years of age involved and active in youth work on a local, national or international level who reside in a member state of the Council of Europe
Costs: The participation fee for the study session is 50 EUR per person. The travel expenses, visa costs, accommodation and meals will be covered.
The Human RightS Initiative (HRSI) at Central European University (CEU) is pleased to invite you to apply for participation in their Study Session Youth Participation in Human Rights Education as a Means for Enhancing Social Inclusion organized in cooperation with the Council of Europe’s Directorate of Youth and Sports. This is the 5th study session organized by HRSI since its foundation in 1999. The purpose of the study session is to equip young people with the knowledge and skills necessary to promote human rights through peer education. The study session will focus directly on methodologies of human rights education.
- Allow participants to recognize what human rights are, and how they can be enjoyed, protected and ensured;
- Provide participants with the means/channels for action that young people can take when human rights are violated and they seek redress;
- Give participants the opportunity to study the methodology behind human rights education and street law through non-formal education;
- Together with the participants, identify potential challenges and locate means to overcome these obstacles for the social inclusion of young people in human rights education;
- Strategize how to augment youth participation particularly focusing on peer learning in human rights education.
The study session is open to 30 people who:
- are between 21 and 30 years of age;
- are already involved and active in youth work on a local, national or international level to participate in the study session;
- reside in a member state of the Council of Europe.
Priority will be given to participants who
- have experience in the fields of: youth work, human rights education, social inclusion, social work, intercultural learning and/or cultural diversity;
- are currently active in an organization, program or project in the above fields;
- are committed to multiply the outcomes of the study session in their own work
The participation fee for the study session is 50 EUR per person. Travel expenses (the cheapest route possible only) and visa costs are reimbursed by the Council of Europe, Directorate of Youth and Sport. Participants will be reimbursed on the basis of the least expensive route between their places of residence. The participation fee will be deducted from the amount reimbursed from the travel expenses. Accommodation and meals are provided by the European Youth Centre at the expenses of the Directorate of Youth and Sport, Council of Europe.
The online application form can be found HERE. Scroll down for the online application form. The deadline for submitting the application is 20 September 2011.