Deadline: 30 September 2011
Open to: any individual, group, or company (profit or non-profit) in any country, except for staff of the EE5 Conference
Award: Judge’s awards:5 winners selected by the panel of judges,Under 25 award: special award to an entry submitted by someone under 25 years old, People’s Picks:5 winners will be selected by simple vote tally of public votes submitted to the EE5 digital contest committee through EE5 Facebook page,Honorable mentions:5 honorable mentions
The EE5 Conference invites innovative and entertaining short-form digital production entries for the Digital Media Competition focused on “Motivating behavior change” around any health topic. The first EE Conference was held in 1989 in California. This year India – with its kaleidoscope of arts, cutting edge technology and dynamic movie industry – is hosting the 5th International EE Conference to be held at India habitat Center, New Delhi during November 17-20, 2011. The theme this year will address social and health issues highlighting the world’s most vulnerable – women and children. It will establish a vibrant platform for post conference networking and action.
Submissions may be made in any of the following digital media:
- Audio (radio, recorded voice, music)
- Digital games
- Other audio/visual (slide presentations, etc.)
Windows Media Video (.AVI), .3GP (mobile phones), .WMV (windows), .MOV (mac), .MP4 (iPod/PSP), .MPEG, .FLV (Adobe Flash), .MKV (h.264).
Maximum length of any submission in any medium is 3 minutes.
There will be two forms of judging for all submissions: Peer review of top ten finalists by the public at large, through voting on Facebook. The top ten submissions will be publicly available on the official EE5 Facebook Page from October 15, 2011.
A panel of judges selected by the organizers of the EE5 conference. These judges will review and rate all submissions. Celebrity judges involved in the field of EE will also select the winners. EE5 digital media contest winners will be announced pending verification of eligibility and submission by the filmmakers of all necessary legal clearances and actor releases.
October 15, 2011
Public voting begins
October 31, 2011
Public online voting ends. Judges’ final selections complete
November 17, 2011
EE5 digital media contest winners will be announced pending verification of eligibility and submission by the filmmakers of all necessary legal clearances and actor releases.
- Entry is open to any individual, group, or company (profit or non-profit) in any country, except for staff of the EE5 Conference.
- The submission needs to have been produced after January 1, 2000. The copyright should be with the individual or group that submits the product. There should be no other claims of ownership or authorship on the product.
Judge’s awards: There will be 5 winners selected by the panel of judges. All media will be judged and selected for these awards.
Under 25 award: Judges will award 1 special award to an entry submitted by someone under 25 years old.
People’s Picks: 5 winners will be selected by simple vote tally of public votes submitted to the EE5 digital contest committee through EE5 Facebook page.
Honorable mentions: There will be 5 honorable mentions.
How to apply
- Upload your digital media file onto YouTube: http://upload.youtube.com/my_videos_upload
- Send an email to [email protected] with “EE5 digital media contest entry” in the subject line.
Each EE5 digital medial contest email entry must include:
- The YouTube link to your video,
- An introductory paragraph explaining the behavior the submission is attempting to change (50 word limit),
- Primary person responsible for the submission and contact information (including age, sex, and country),
- The client (if any) for whom the entry was created,
- Source of funding for the production,
- The project or campaign of which it was/is part (if applicable).