Deadline: 31 October 2011
Open to: Everyone can participate in this contest.
Prize: 5 best poem creators will receive brand new camera
Building on International Peace Day and the start of the Global Citizen Corps 2011 action calendar we challenge you to tell your story, where you are from. Five random poems will be selected from the videos submitted over the next 30 days and winners will receive a brand new flip camera.
Contest Dates: September 21st – October 31st
Introduce yourselves to each other by exploring the elements of your families and communities that have shaped you. This poem is simple to write and powerful to read. Our cultures are made up of ordinary, everyday people, places, activities and objects. These poems invite you to share the ordinary details of your everyday world that you find most meaningful.
REQUIRED Criteria for Submission
• Can hear and understand the speaker
• Speaker is speaking slowly and clearly
• No background noise
• Clear Image
• Can see the person speaking
• Speaker is fully in the frame (not cut off at the neck of the joints)
• Not too much back lighting Speaker
• Not moving around
• Focused and looking at the camera
SUGGESTED Criteria for Submission
• Does the Poem provide you with a glimpse into the speaker’s life, culture,and community?
Innovation and Creativity
• Did the filmmaker use creativity to deliver his or her poem without compromising the video content?
• Is the poem original?
• Is the poem powerful?
Creators of 5 best poems will receive a brand new camera.
Everyone can participate in this contest.
How to apply?
1. Write a poem
2. Record your poetry reading in a quiet place.
3. Post video to Youtube of Vimeo and make it Public.
4. Copy the link from your YOUTUBE.
5. Login to www.globlacitizencorps.org
6. Click ‘Create Video’
7. Add Video Title: Country, City, First Name.
8. Paste link under Video
The deadline for the application is 31 October 2011. To download “I Am From Poem” instructions, please click here.
In case of any further question, please click here and fill in what you need to know.