Deadline: Type A – Jan 1st to Jun 10th every year, Type B- Jan 1st to Jun 10th every year, Type C- Mar 1st to Sep 30th every year
Open to: Applicants pursuing Bachelor’s degree (under 25 years)/Applicants pursuing Master’s degree (under 35 years) should hold bachelor’s degree
Scholarship: Tuition waiver, accommodation, expenses of basic study materials, serious disease and accidental Injury Insurance.
Shanghai Municipal Government Scholarship for for Bachelor/Master/Doctor degree program in USST, China.USST administers 3 types of international students scholarship offered by the Shanghai Municipal Government in an attempt to encourage excellent international students and scholars to study at USST. University of Shanghai for Science and Technology (USST) is located in the north-east of Shanghai, between Huangpu River and Central Link, adjacent to the Fuxing Island and Gongqing Forest Park. For the purpose of promoting its teaching and ability of serving the society through scientific research, USST has raised its annual research outlay to 0.13 billion Yuan including the following projects: “863” projects, “975” basic research projects, the key projects of the National Natural Science Foundation and projects of scientific research at ministerial or provincial level.
Category-A Scholarship: For excellent prospective students applying for master or doctoral degree programs. Category-B Scholarship: For excellent prospective students applying for undergraduate, master, or doctoral degree programs. Category-C Scholarship: For excellent international students pursuing degree programs learning at Tongji University.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40;
- Applicants for master degree studies must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for undergraduate studies must have completed senior high school and be under the age of 25.
- Outstanding in academic study and daily performance.
- International students that have already been at Tongji University for a year, that have not applied to suspend or extend studies in the previous year;
- Respect the laws, and regulation of the government of the P.R.C and Tongji university.
- A diligent and industrious attitude to studies, excellent grades.
- Actively participates in the volunteer and social activities held by the University, Department and District;
- Not been awarded any other Chinese government scholarships at the time of application.
Category-A Scholarship: For excellent prospective students applying for master or doctoral degree programs
Scholarship Standard: Waiver of fees of tuition, accommodation, expenses of basic study materials, serious disease and accidental Injury Insurance;
Monthly living allowance: Master-degree candidate: 1700RMB/M
Doctoral candidate: 2000RMB/M.
Category-B Scholarship: For excellent prospective students applying for undergraduate, master, or doctoral degree programs.
Scholarship Standard: Waiver of fees for tuition, expenses of basic study materials.
Category-C Scholarship: For excellent international students pursuing degree programs learning at Tongji University
Scholarship Standard: undergraduate: 4000RMB
Fill in and submit the application form online first and then submit the printed version with the following materials.
Two copies of the Shanghai Government Foreign Student Scholarship. Application Form must be arrived at the International Student Office of Tongji University before June 20, each year.
Category-A&B Scholarship applicants should provide the following materials:
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy) and transcripts. Both documents should be original copies in Chinese or English. Non-Chinese or non-English certification should be attached with the notarized version in Chinese or English. If applicants are high school or university students, they shall also provide studying certificates.
- Study plan in Chinese. Information such as basic personal information, education background, working experience, and interested research projects and research plan if were accepted as the doctoral student should be included. (undergraduate: no less than 700 words; Master: no less than 1000 words; Doctor: no less than 1500 words)
- Published paper title, abstract and other certificates and material that can attest to academic achievement and research ability.
- Applicants for Doctorate or Master Programs must provide two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by professors or associate professors.
Complete materials should be sent to International Students Office of Tongji University, and “Application for Shanghai Government Scholarship” should be written on the envelop.
Category-C Scholarship applicants should provide the following materials:
- Academic record of the previous academic year;
- Certificates and evidence of participation in various public activities.