Deadline: 15 April 2012
Open to: candidates with graduate or postgraduate level university degree in computer science, finance, mathematics, economics or a related field
Compensation: 600 Euro/month
Financial Network Analytics serves major central banks, international organisations and hedge funds, developing the FNA enterprise software and web service. FNA is an analytics platform that helps financial institutions and regulators explore and understand financial data with network analysis and visualization.
FNA is offering summer internship positions in scientific programming, network analysis and research assistance. The internships offer an exciting opportunity to be part of an international team developing and providing a cutting edge product.
Depending on the candidates profile:
- Develop as part of a team FNA software and service, in particular components related to network visualization, graph algorithms and simulation models
- Prepare white papers, documentation, tutorials and blog posts about FNA and financial networks
- Assist with consulting and client projects
Main requirement are:
- Graduate or postgraduate level university degree in computer science, finance, mathematics, economics or a related field
- Familiarity with algorithm development, graph/network theory, and network analysis and/or visualization
- Familiarity with statistical and mathematical analysis software (e.g. Matlab and R) is an asset
- Fluent command of English with proven drafting ability
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and a strong sense of initiative and self-motivation
Please send your CV, application letter and questions to: Kimmo Soramäki ([email protected])
Three internship positions are available each for a period of three to five months between 15 April and 15 September. The internship carries a compensation of 600 euro per month.