Deadline: ongoing until late June
Open to: mathematics and/or computer sciences researchers with a PhD or equivalent degree
Remuneration: €2,620.84 per month
Inria, a public science and technology institution established in 1967, is is the only public research body fully dedicated to computational sciences. Combining computer sciences with mathematics, Inria’s 3,400 researchers strive to invent the digital technologies of the future.
Educated at leading international universities, the team creatively integrates basic research with applied research and dedicates itself to solving real problems, collaborating with the main players in public and private research in France and abroad and transferring the fruits of their work to innovative companies. The researchers at Inria published over 4,800 articles in 2010. They are behind over 270 active patents and 105 start-ups.
In 2012, Inria is offering 59 post-doctoral positions, each lasting about 16 months, for holders of a PhD or other doctorate.
The list of subjects, which may exceed the number of vacant positions, will be updated regularly.
For your application to be taken into consideration:
- You must have defended your thesis in 2011 or 2012. If you have not defended your thesis at the time of application, you must explicitly state the date on which you will do so, as well as the examining board
- The positions on offer concern the institute’s priority research areas. However, high-quality applications to work on non-priority subjects will also be considered
- Particular attention will be paid to French and international candidates who have worked on their PhD abroad, but all high-quality applications will be carefully considered
- Nationality is not taken into consideration
- If you have done your PhD thesis at an Inria research centre, you may not apply to that centre
- The location of the postdoctoral fellowship is different from the location where you defended your thesis. This condition does not apply to disabled candidates.
Documents required for the application:
- the candidate’s CV
- list of the candidate’s publications as well as the two most significant publications provided in full
- a cover letter
- one or more letters of recommendation
- and a statement of career plans subsequent to the post-doctoral position
To apply, click on any of the listed offers and following the specific instructions for each particular position.
You will receive €2,620.84 per month gross, before France’s mandatory social security contributions are deducted.