Deadline: 5 May 2012, 20.00 CET
Open to: 1 participant from the EU member-states between 18 – 35 years old
Costs: Accommodation and food provided, and a minor part of the travel costs from the home-place to Warsaw and back (approximately 100 EUR) will be reimbursed
Venue: 11 May to 27 May 2012 in Poland and Ukraine
Eurobus is an annual project that consists of a two-week dynamic bus journey to Ukrainian rural areas with an international crew of young leaders from the EU member-states (8 persons) and Ukraine (4 persons).
At the moment the organizers are missing one participant from EU, and that is the reason they are announcing this blitz call. The same rules apply, just the deadline is 5 May 2012, so hurry up and apply for this great experience.
The team will:
- have meetings with youth from rural locations in Ukraine;
- conduct informal discussions on issues of Ukraine’s European choice;
- make seminars and training sessions about civil activism, volunteering, NGO work, etc.;
- realize little projects initiated by local youth.
- To break the stereotypes about Ukraine and the EU;
- To encourage youth activity in rural Ukraine;
- To provide rural youth with information about opportunities for self-development in the EU and Ukraine;
- To uncover the unknown Ukraine for youth from the EU;
- To develop intercultural dialogue and foster international cooperation through mentoring.
The project will provide you both with accommodation (mostly in host Ukrainian families, partly in hostels) and food. Also, Eurobus will reimburse a minor part of your travel costs from the home-place to Warsaw and back (approximately 100 EUR).
The project will start on May 11 in Warsaw with an ice-breaking session, continue with Schuman parade on May 12, 2012 and an intoroductory training in Lviv on May 13. The journey across Ukraine will last May 13-26.
If you are:
- Highly motivated and want to join the intercultural dialogue;
- Have experience in youth work: leadership, facilitating, volunteering, training in any projects;
- Want to share your knowledge and experience with Ukrainian youth;
- Aware of creative approaches to problem-solving, or use these methods in your work;
- Like challenging and inspiring journeys;
- Have spare time from May, 11 to May, 27 2012 to spend in Poland and Ukraine;
- Aged 18 – 35 years old;
- A citizen of the EU.
then Eurobus will be happy to show you the fascinating Ukraine, and help you get acquainted to interesting Ukrainian youth.
Speaking Ukrainian or Russian as well as NGO membership is an advantage.
Deadline for applying is 5 May 2012 (20:00 CET)
Contact:e-mail: [email protected] Facebook account Phone: +3986450982 – Anton