Deadline: 1 July 2012
Open to: Applicants with a PhD degree in Computer Science, or in a related study
Fellowship: 57 – 64 (NOK 456 100– 519 000 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority)
Position as postdoctoral research fellowship in Network and Distributed systems is available at Department of Informatics.
The fellowship period is 3 years. Within the framework of the position duties may be assigned. No one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution.
The group of Networks and Distributed systems at the Department of Informatics, University of Oslo is announcing a three year position as postdoctoral research fellow in the area of middleware for self-adaptive software systems. 10% of the position is allocated to teaching duties, including master student supervision. As part of the research, the post doc is expected to contribute to research on self-adaptation in ongoing projects.
In addition to research, the position carries the following responsibilities:
- Supervision of and facilitation of cooperation between 3-4 PhD students employed in ongoing projects and working in intersecting areas of self-adaptation.
- Participation in the dissemination of results.
- Participation in project acquisition activities
Full version of this announcement including detailed information about application procedures, position, the relevant projects, and the research group can be found using the following links:
The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships will be selected in accordance with this, and expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
Applicants must have a PhD degree in Computer Science, or in a related study, with excellent results. They must also be able to demonstrate interest in scientific research. The ideal candidate for the position will have strong background in distributed systems.
You may apply if you have not yet completed your degree, but expect to do so before the position starts.
Knowledge of Norwegian is not a prerequisite for application. English is the working language for research. The current PhD students and postdocs in the group are coming from more than 5 different countries.
The main purpose of post-doctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines.
Please also refer to the regulations pertaining to the conditions of employment for post-doctoral fellowship positions:
Postdoctoral Research Fellow (SKO 1352), pay grade: 57 – 64 (NOK 456 100– 519 000 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority)
The application must include:
- Application letter
- Statement of research interest
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates and letters of recommendation, as applicable
- A complete list of publications and up to 5 academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number
Please remember that all documents should be in English or a Scandinavian language.
You can send you application here.