Deadline: 15 July, 2012
Open to: Anyone who is at least 17 years old
Awards: Free trip to Madrid and 2000 Euros
‘What is out there?’ is a video competition looking at hearing various ways to get money to fund your project or initiative. Have you ever or know of someone who has used:
- Crowd funding through platforms such as Kickstarter, IndieGoGo, etc?
- Received an ethical loan from banks such as JAK, Triodos Bank, Shared Interest, etc?
- Islamic finance non interest loans through banks such as Al Khabeer, National Commercial Bank, HSBC Amanah, etc?
- Or any other out of the box / simple fundraising approach?
Make your video and win a FREE trip to Madrid and 2000 Euros.
SCIEF Center, with the collaboration of IE Business School and King AbdulAziz University, invite you to share your stories in a short video of 3 mins max.
Anyone, age 17 onwards, anywhere is free to participate in “What is out there?” and showcase an alternative way of financing. Participants can only submit one video. To enter the competition, you need to submit your video link on this facebook page or through this link.
The best 10 videos will bring their owners free flight tickets, hotel stay, to compete in the Madrid Round Finale of Social Impact Finance Think Tank. The winners will compete for the grand prize by pitching their stories in front a panel of top business leaders and academics to stand a chance to win 3 Grand Prizes of 2000 Euros.
To apply for the competition, you need to fill in the short application and upload your video link of a maximum of 3 mins through either the organizer’s facebook group or through this link. Videos need to be submitted by 15th July as per timeline. There will be three rounds for selection
1. Viewer’s choice: This round is where you get your friends, family, community to vote for your idea. The top 20 videos with the most likes will move to the semi-final round
2. Judge choice: The top 20 videos will be reviewed by judge panelists who will review to select the top 10 videos. These winners will have an all expense trip to Madrid and access to the highly exclusive Financial Innovation by Youth Think Tank.
3. Final round of Review: One representative of each of the 10 teams has a chance to share their story and win one of 3 prizes of winning 2000 Euros.
If you have any questions contact: [email protected].