Deadline: 30 September 2012
Open to: residents in one of the countries of the Western Balkans, full-time employees at a think tank, policy center or NGO, age between 24-35
Fellowship: up to EUR 5000
Fellowship Programme for Policy Researchers from the Western Balkans Region aims to contribute to further capacity building and professional development of policy researchers from the region of Western Balkans allowing them to build networks across Europe through paid visits to other policy research institutions and think-tanks in the EU and other countries of the Western Balkans (WB). This programme is developed by widening the existing support to networking with an opportunity for creating links to EU and WB based think-tanks and policy organisations.
The programme is a joint undertaking of the European Fund for the Balkans (EFB) and the Think Tank Fund (TTF) of the Open Society Foundations based in Budapest. The administration of the programme is carried out by the European Fund for the Balkans.
– Applicants are required to be permanent residents in one of the countries of the Western Balkans.
– Applicants must be full-time employees at a think tank, policy center or NGO with strong research component in one of the Western Balkans countries for at least one year at the time of application 2 and plan to stay for at least one more year. This requirement will depend on the the sending organisation’s Human Resource policy.
– Applicants should be between 24 and 35 years of age at the time of application.
– Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English.
European Fund for the Balkans and Think Tank Fund total awards will not exceed 5,000 Euros per Fellowship. Co-funding from the involved organisations is a plus.
These funds are to cover:
– Travel expenses (one return ticket, visa fees and visa related expenses, travel or medical insurance) and reasonable accommodation and living costs.
– The European Fund for the Balkans and the Think Tank Fund will co-fund the fellows’ supervision and support by senior policy analysts at hosting organisations (up to 30 hours per month).
– Regular monthly salary is maintained by the sending organisation during the full period of the Fellowship. If requested and justified, the programme could provide for compensation up to 50% of the full salary.
To be considered for the Fellowship, applicants should submit the following documents in English (as .doc or .pdf attachments to [email protected]):
– Motivation/cover letter
– Curriculum Vitae (CV)
– Support letter from the sending organisation, written in the name of the Executive Director /or President.
– Support letter from a host organisation in the name of the Executive Director/or President /or Department Head.