Deadline: 31 October, 2012
Open to: foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists
Scholarship: the amount of monthly scholarship varies from 280 euros to 1000 euros
Establishment of the National Scholarship Programme for the Support of Mobility of Students, PhD Students, University Teachers, Researchers and Artists was approved by the Government of the Slovak Republic in 2005. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic is funded by the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic. The National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic supports mobility of foreign students, PhD students, university teachers, researchers and artists to stay at Slovak universities and research organisations.
- University students whose second level of higher education is taking place at a foreign university and who are invited by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility for a purpose of study in the Slovak Republic
- PhD students whose higher education or research preparation is taking place at a foreign university or research organisation and who are invited by a public, private or state university or research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programmes in the Slovak Republic to an academic mobility for a purpose of study or research in the Slovak Republic
- University teachers from foreign universities who are invited by a public, private or state university in the Slovak Republic to a lecture / research / artistic stay in the Slovak Republic
- Researchers or artists who are invited by a public, private or state university, research organisation eligible to carry out PhD study programmes or non-governmental organisation in the Slovak Republic to a lecture / research / artistic stay in the Slovak Republic.
Scholarship Open for Students of Following Countries:
- The Member States of the European Union;
- other countries participating in the Bologna Process (listed are only non-EU Member States ) – Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Georgia, Iceland, Kazakhstan, Liechtenstein, Republic of Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Russian Federation, Serbia (including Kosovo), Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine;
- Canada, Mexico, USA, countries of Latin and Central America;
- Australia, China (including Taiwan), Egypt, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Republic of South Africa, Thailand, Vietnam.
Scholarships vary from 280 euros to 1000 euros.
- university students – 280 euros
- PhD students – 470 euros
- university teacher/researcher/artist – 670 euros
- experienced university teacher/researcher/artist – 850 or 1000 euros
The scholarship stays for the summer semester of the running academic year 2012/2013.
Scholarship application forms are submitted on-line on www.scholarships.sk. The on-line application system opens not later than 6 weeks before the deadline. The application form can be filled out only after the on-line application system has been opened.
In order to submit the on-line application, it is necessary to fill out the on-line application form (in Slovak, English, French, Spanish or Russian version), attach all required documents in requested formats and press the “submit” button. Original hard copies of documents marked with asterisk (*) shall be delivered to SAIA Bratislava before the deadline at the following address:
SAIA, n.o., │Námestie slobody 23 │ 812 20 Bratislava 1 │ Slovakia
Original hard copy of an Admission or Invitation Letter from a Slovak university or research organisation can be sent by the host institution in Slovakia directly to SAIA, n.o.
Foreign applicants who need to apply for entrance visa to Slovakia or for temporary residence permit are recommended to take into account the necessary visa/residence processing period when planning the starting date of their scholarship stay. Information about visa conditions is provided by Slovak Embassies.
List of required documents that shall be attached to the on-line application form by foreign university students and PhD students applying for a study/research stay (category of eligible applicants A and B):
- structured Curriculum Vitae,
- motivation letter,
- detailed study programme in case of students (including date of arrival and period of stay),
- detailed research programme in case of PhD students (including date of arrival, period of stay and detailed programme time schedule),
- two recommendation letters provided by applicant’s university teachers in case of students, one recommendation letter provided by applicant’s supervisor in case of PhD Students,
- confirmation letter from a sending university certifying that applicant is a full-time student enrolled in min. 6th semester, in case of a PhD student a confirmation certifying enrolment in a PhD study,
- copy of a Bachelor’s diploma or Master’s diploma and a certificate of a state exam (if any),
- PhD Students – list of publications,
- admission or invitation letter from a host university or research organisation in Slovakia proclaiming commitment that applicant will be enrolled in a study or research programme (incl. exact period of stay). The admission or invitation letter must be printed on official letterhead paper of the host institution, including a signature of the person in charge and a stamp.
List of required documents that must be attached to the on-line application form by foreign university teachers, researchers or artists (category of eligible applicants C and D):
- structured Curriculum Vitae,
- detailed teaching and/or research programme (including date of arrival, period of stay and detailed programme time schedule),
- copy of a diploma with highest degree achieved,
- list of publications,
- invitation letter from a host university or research organization in Slovakia (incl. period of stay). The invitation letter must be printed on official letterhead paper of the host institution, including a signature of person in charge and a stamp.
Deadline for applying is 31 October by16:00 CET.