Deadline: 31 July, 2012
Open to: consultants, international advisors and youth researchers
Remuneration: not stated
The Open Society Youth Initiative (OSYI) started a pilot program to research and analyze public policies affecting youth in 2010. The first round of policy reviews has come to a close. The second round of reviews will kick off in June 2012 with the recruitment of the international advisors, lead researchers and country research teams.
The first round of policy reviews—conducted in six countries across the globe: Estonia, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Nepal, Serbia and Uganda—has come to a close, and the final reports will be published as a series on www.youthpolicy.org starting in summer 2012.
The second round of policy reviews, with the continued support from the Open Society Foundations, will begin in September 2012 with reviews in Colombia, the Czech Republic, Guinea, Hungary, Mongolia, Swaziland and Tunisia.
It is for this second round that the organizers seek consultants to support the policy reviews as international avisors and youth researchers to support the policy reviews as lead researchers of national research teams. The deadline for applications is July 31, 2012.
If you consider applying, please make sure that
- you are available for the overall orientation meeting in week 45, November 5-11;
- you are available for a country-specific orientation meeting in December 2012;
- you are available to participate (full time) in the 14 day field visit in January and/or February 2013;
- you have enough time available for regular work on the project as outlined above and below.
Please send your expression of interest comprising pdf-files with
- your up-to-date CV (with no more than 4 pages);
- a brief letter (no more than 2 pages), outlining:
- your motivation for participation,
- your experience in the country for which you are applying, and
- your qualification in relation to the competencies outlined above;
- a research report sample in English (no more than 4 pages);
- and your estimated remuneration expectations
Thanks for using a subject line that clearly indicates the position and country you are applying for, i.e. Application for Lead Researcher of the Policy Review in Mongolia, and for naming your pdf-files so we can easily trace them, such as surname_cv.pdf, surname_motivation.pdf, surname_writingsample.pdf.
Shortlisted candidates only will be contacted by August 20, 2012.
Get in touch via [email protected] to ask any questions that may concern you.