Deadline: 16. September 2012
Open to: University graduates with a degree in developmental studies, political science and experience with program development and project management. Excellent knowledge of English is a must.
Remuneration: The successful candidate will be offered a one year renewable contract with a competitive remuneration package (commensurate with qualifications).
The Institute for Democracy and Mediation (IDM) is a think tank policy institute based in Tirana in Albania. IDM is dedicated to develop a profound understanding on contemporary challenges, to shape sustainable reforming strategies and public policies in key socio-economic and political development pillars, as well as to advance regional cost-effective approaches in support of intra / cross sectorial cooperation initiatives of key public and civil stakeholders, based on comprehensive research, policy assessment and multifaceted analysis.
- A graduate degree preferably in developmental studies, political sciences, or related sciences;
- An MA degree (developmental studies , political sciences, economy,) is preferred;
- At least five years of experience with programme development and project management with civil society;
- At least two years experience in a managing position with think tank policy institutes / non-governmental organizations.
- Acquaintance and experience with fundraising and implementing under various EU assistance programmes is an advantage.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English is a MUST.
- The successful candidate will be assigned senior level tasks to develop proposals and implement program activities related to participatory governance & rural development.
- Develop concrete project ideas and proposals for programme activities on local governance, decentralization, EU instruments & policies on integrated rural development, tripartite partnerships and related areas;
- Actively engage, jointly with IDM team in the key activities related to project management (implementation, assessment, reporting, follow up etc.)
- Research work and elaboration of the various policy papers, policy briefs and reserch products on behalf of the Institute with focus on the above mentioned topics;
- Ad-hoc and other duties as requested
Please forward a resume, names & contacts of a person for reference, and a small writing sample by e-mail to: [email protected]
Start of the contract
Expected time of start of the contract is the beginning of October 2012.