Deadline: 31 December, 2012
Open to: candidates with a good command of English and a high education diploma in the field, where Chemistry plays an important role
Scholarship: Category A: covers tuition fee, costs of travel and installation plus 1000 euro of monthly allowance, Category B: covers tuition fee plus 500 euro of monthly allowance
The Erasmus Mundus Master Course in Chemical Innovation and Regulation – EMMC-ChIR – is a MSc degree for professionals concerned with the safety and regulation of chemical substances. The EMMC ChIR provides professionals with all the tools and knowledge needed from the scientific, the regulatory and the economic point of view to manage the risks of chemicals responsibly and to meet responsibilities over chemical legislation worldwide. As an Erasmus Mundus project, ChIR aims to promote research and collaboration in the EHEA supporting the implementation of chemical safety regulations.
The program consists of 2 years: first year of classes and second year for a research project. During the scholarship students will have an opportunity to study in at least two countries and learn new languages: Portuguese, Spanish, Catalan and Italian.
The minimum requirements for admission to the Masters are:
1. Strong Academic Background in appropriate disciplines – candidates must hold a high education diploma issued by a competent High Education authority attesting the completion of a degree equivalent to a 1st cycle (180 ECTS), in a field where Chemistry plays an important role. This may be a degree in Chemistry, Biology, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Food Engineering, Clinical Analysis, Medicine, etc.
2. Demonstrated command of the English language
Possible examples include:
Test of English as a Foreign Language, TOEFL scores paper 575 / computer 232
Internet based TOEFL (TOEFL iBT™ ) total score 94
International English Language Testing System, IELTS scores 6.5
General Certificate of Education, GCSE, AS Level, A Level
Cambridge Proficiency Certificate, CPE, Level 4-5
Oxford Higher Certificate, International Certificate Conference (ICC Stage 3 Technical
In case the candidate cannot present an official test of English language in time for the deadline for applications, he/she may take the self-test included in the online application. A minimum classification of B2 is required in all fields. In case of selection, candidates who only took the self-test will be interviewed. The interview will have the objective of confirming the self-test of English proficiency presented in the application. In case the interview shows the proficiency is below what was stated in the application, the application will be cancelled.
Applicants are divided into two categories: Category A and Category B:
1. Category A applicants come from a Third Country and were not residents nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in an European Country.
Category A scholarship totals 48000€ and covers:
- payment of the participation costs for the whole EMMC-ChIR course (16000€)
- travel costs and installation costs (8000€ divided into: travel allowance on arrival to Europe: 1000€, installation costs: 250€ / month for 24 months, travel allowance following the completion of the course: 1000€)
- a monthly allowance of 1000€ /month, for 24 months.
2. Category B applicants do not fulfill the Category A criteria defined above.
Category B scholarship totals 20000€ and covers:
- payment of the participation costs for the whole EMMC-ChIR course (8000€)
- A monthly allowance of 500€/month, for 24 months.
To apply register here
You will then be sent an email with instructions on how to complete the online application form.
To check instructions, how to fill in the application form, visit this link
After completing your online application you are required to send us the completed and signed copy of your printed application. You should send it by post mail to:
Postgraduate Admissions Officer
Secretaria dos Mestrados
University of Algarve