Deadline: 15 December, 2012
Open to: various forms of creative artistic expression and communication made using electronic and/or digital media and completed after January 1st, 2011
Prizes: The WRO Biennale Award, The Critics & Alternative Art Publishers’ Award, The WRO Audience Award
The WRO Media Art Biennale is the major forum for new media art in Poland, and one of the leading international art events in Central Europe. Since its inception in 1989, WRO has been presenting art forms created using new media for artistic expression and communication, exploring current creative territories and building a critical perspective toward emerging issues in art, technology and society.
The organizers are now accepting submissions to PIONEERING VALUES. The 15th WRO Media Art Biennale, whose opening events will be held in Wroclaw from May 8th-11th 2013.
The WRO 2013 program is open to various forms of creative artistic expression and communication made using electronic and/or digital media and completed after January 1st, 2011.
How to enter?
To submit a work, you need to:
- Fill out and submit an electronic version of the entry form
- Print out and sign a ‘hard copy’ of the same form (on paper), and mail it to the organizers along with a viewing copy of the work, to the following address: WRO 2013, Wro Art Center, ul. Widok 7, 50 – 052 Wroclaw, Poland.
- In the case of video works, please send a complete version of the work on a DVD, Blu-ray or flash drive.
- In the case of installations or performances, please send a description plus visualization or documentation (for example drawings, photos or videos).
- In the case of software or net-based works, please send an application submitted in an appropriate medium, or a link to an internet site containing a working version of the piece being submitted.
- The completed, printed and signed entry form and the viewing copy of the work needs to be postmarked no later than December 15th, 2012.
- There is no entry fee for the WRO 2013 Biennale, and none of the materials sent to the organizers will be returned.
- The organizers will provide the artists/creators of the selected works (or their representatives) with free accommodations in Wrocław during the main WRO 2013 events, scheduled for May 8th – 11th 2013.
- The WRO Biennale Award;
- The Critics & Alternative Art Publishers’ Award;
- The WRO Audience Award.
For further details visit the official website